The Mountain Goats's fall 2004 tour took place in October of 2004. The tour went through the American East coast with shows as far west as Chicago. The touring lineup was John Darnielle on vocals and guitar and Peter Hughes on bass.
John Vanderslice was the opening act for all shows except for Mt. Pleasant, and joined the Mountain Goats for a few songs during their set. Several shows had a second opening act: Will Johnson, Erik Friedlander, and Joan of Arc opened in Chicago (Open End Gallery), New York (Knitting Factory), and Washington, D.C. respectively.
- 2004-10-02 - Open End Gallery - Chicago, IL
- 2004-10-03 - The Empty Bottle - Chicago, IL
- 2004-10-04 - Magic Stick - Detroit, MI
- 2004-10-06 - First Unitarian Church - Philadelphia, PA
- 2004-10-07 - Southpaw - Brooklyn, NY
- 2004-10-08 - Knitting Factory - New York, NY
- 2004-10-10 - The Middle East - Cambridge, MA
- 2004-10-11 - The Black Cat - Washington, D.C.
- 2004-10-12 - Cat's Cradle - Carrboro, NC
- 2004-10-13 - Soapbox Laundrolounge - Wilmington, NC
- 2004-10-15 - The Social - Orlando, FL
- 2004-10-16 - Cafe Eleven - St. Augustine, FL
- 2004-10-17 - Club Downunder - Tallahassee, FL
- 2004-10-18 - The EARL - Atlanta, GA
- 2004-10-19 - Village Tavern - Mt. Pleasant, SC