The Mountain Goats's fall 2005 tour took place in October of 2005. The tour went through the American Northeast and Great Lakes area, with one Canadian date in Toronto. The touring lineup was John Darnielle on vocals and guitar and Peter Hughes on bass.
The Prayers and Tear of Arthur Digby Sellers was the opening act for all shows, and joined the Mountain Goats for a few songs during their sets. Several shows had a second opening act: The Winterpills, Vera, The Beauty Shop, Grizzly Bear, and Bellafea opened in Northampton, Buffalo, Urbana, New York (Knitting Factory), and Kalamazoo and Chicago (Open End Gallery) respectively.
Franklin Bruno joined the Mountain Goats in Chicago (both shows) and Kalamazoo to play piano.
- 2005-10-12 - The Canopy Club - Urbana, IL
- 2005-10-13 - Open End Gallery - Chicago, IL
- 2005-10-14 - The Empty Bottle - Chicago, IL
- 2005-10-15 - Kraftbrau Brewery - Kalamazoo, MI
- 2005-10-17 - Lee's Palace - Toronto, Ontario
- 2005-10-18 - The Buffalo Icon - Buffalo, NY
- 2005-10-20 - Uptown Theatre - Washington, PA
- 2005-10-21 - The Andy Warhol Museum - Pittsburgh, PA
- 2005-10-22 - The Olde Club - Swarthmore, PA
- 2005-10-23 - Lunt Hall Basement Haverford College - Haverford, PA
- 2005-10-26 - The Iron Horse - Northampton, MA
- 2005-10-27 - Remis Auditorium - Museum of Fine Arts - Boston, MA
- 2005-10-28 - Fuel Rocket Club - Dartmouth College - Hanover, NH
- 2005-10-29 - Bowery Ballroom - New York, NY
- 2005-10-31 - Knitting Factory - New York, NY