Going to Bridlington is an unreleased song by the Mountain Goats.
Stopped by for the coffee and cake that you promised Saw your porch light on Saw your wirehaired terrier lazing on the lawn Came right in through the front door Went right down the main hall Turned right into the kitchen There you were alright The moon was rising over Bridlington And you had blood all over your hands Someone was singing in the yard next door And you had blood all over your hands Sat down on the kitchen floor Looked up at you Saw you smoothing down your skirt around your thighs Wondered what good that was supposed to do And I saw you pull your hair back Saw you messing with your earrings Saw you trying to smile Hey you don't have to smile for me The moon was rising over Bridlington And you had blood all over your hands Something was cracking in the rafters of our house And you had blood all over your hands The moon was rising over Bridlington The moon was rising over Bridlington The moon was rising
Comments by John Darnielle About this SongEdit
- "I have no love for this song because I think it blows esp. the lyrics are plenty lame but am happy if people are getting pleasure from it." -- forum post
Things Referenced in this SongEdit
- Bridlington is an English town in the county of Yorkshire.
Live Shows this Song Was Played atEdit
- 1996-11-07 - VPRO Radio - Amsterdam, Netherlands
- 2001-04-21 - The Olde Club - Swarthmore, PA
- 2009-03-20 - Attucks Theatre - Norfolk, VA